|International Admissions and Exchange Program Officer|
|University Hall, Rm 126|
|Wolfville, Nova Scotia, B4P 2R6|
Acadia University Safety & Security - EMERGENCY NUMBER - 24 hours/day year round
+(902) 585-1103 (collect calls will be accepted)
Use this number to report your emergency and request them to contact either the International Student Advisor
Office: +(902) 585-1300
8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Registrar's Office at +(902) 585-1222
8:30a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT: When you contact Acadia's Safety & Security in an emergency provide the operator with the following information about yourself:
- Name / student number / that you are an Acadia exchange student
- Location [country / specific location]
- For what period of time you will be in this location
- Nature of emergency
- Assistance needed
- Phone number where you can be reached
- For what period of time you can be reached at this number
24-7 Emergency Operations Centre [Government of Canada]
The information below is current as of October 17, 2013:
- Canadian citizens outside Canada can call collect to (613) 996-8885.
- For calls originating in Canada, call 1 800 267-6788 or (613) 944-6788.
- In a number of countries, you can also call the 24/7 Operations Centre toll-free:
- You can also communicate with us via TTY by dialing
1 800 394-3472 (in Canada and the U.S.) or (613)944-1310
- Contact us directly via our secure online e-mail form
- You can also reach the Operations Centre by E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax: (613) 943-1054
The Operations Centre of Foreign Affairs Canada operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An experienced officer is always available to respond to emergency calls from anywhere in the world.
The Operations Centre receives approximately 190,000 calls a year, and is busiest in the early evening, Eastern Time. The Centre uses a modern Automatic Call Distribution system.