Welcome to Acadia University's Student Exchange Program. Congratulations on your selection!
Contact Acadia University Safety & Security
using the EMERGENCY NUMBER - 24 hours/day year round
(collect calls will be accepted)
Use this number to report your emergency and request them to contact either the International Student Advisor
Office: +(902) 585-1690 / 1645 / 1865
8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Registrar's Office at +(902) 585-1222
8:30a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT: When you contact Acadia's Safety & Security in an emergency provide the operator with the following information about yourself:
1. Name / student number / that you are an Acadia exchange student
2. Location [country / specific location]
3. For what period of time you will be in this location
4. Nature of emergency
5. Assistance needed
6. Phone number where you can be reached
7. For what period of time you can be reached at this number
24-7 Emergency Operations Centre [Government of Canada]
The information below is current as of October 17, 2011:
- Canadian citizens outside Canada can call collect to (613) 996-8885.
- For calls originating in Canada, call 1 800 267-6788 or (613) 944-6788.
- In a number of countries, you can also call the 24/7 Operations Centre toll-free:
- You can also communicate with us via TTY by dialing
1 800 394-3472 (in Canada and the U.S.) or (613)944-1310
- Contact us directly via our secure online e-mail form
- You can also reach the Operations Centre by E-mail at: email@example.com or by Fax: (613) 943-1054
The Operations Centre of Foreign Affairs Canada operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. An experienced officer is always available to respond to emergency calls from anywhere in the world.
The Operations Centre receives approximately 190,000 calls a year, and is busiest in the early evening, Eastern Time. The Centre uses a modern Automatic Call Distribution system.